FOR YOUR PROGRAM
Strong programs don't just happen - they're planned. As your partner, we want to help provide you with the tools, information, and resources to plan for strength and sustainability. What you do makes the world a better place. And that's worth strengthening.
Find out which staff person can best answer your question here.
Find the latest on food recalls here
Produce Storage and Expiration Date Informationn
Check out safe food handling practices here.
FORMS, MANUALS & AGREEMENTS
- Membership Agreement
- Agency Resources Manual
- Sample Pantry Registration Form
- Sample Temperature Log
- Sample Statistics Log (Excel)
- Mobile Pantry Reporting Form
- Sample Nondisclosure Agreement Form
Need help finding volunteers for your program? Visit these links:
- Volunteer Match
- Energize Inc
- Volunteeryourtime.org (for Dane County)
- Volunteer Dodge (for Dodge County)
- Sign Up Genius
- Best Practices for Recruitment
Are there other training videos you'd like to see? Let us know!
- Best Practices for Retention
- The New Volunteer Workforce
- Tips to approach and work with difficult volunteers.
Fundraising & Grant Opporunities
We will post all Second Harvest agency grant opportunities here. Please check back for future updates.
Wondering who our corporate food donors are? Check this list before contacting your local grocer for donations:
- Consultant Questions
- NLL Saying No--Assesment: Is this Program a Good Idea?
- NLL How to Survive a Crisis
- NLL Chart of the 14 attributes of a healthy nonprofit
- NLL Strategic Planning Worksheet
Encouraging program guests to claim their benefits if they're eligible, will allow them to stretch their food budget, in addition to their pantry visits.
Have questions about direct retail pickup? Check out these resources:
- Kwik Trip Donation Protocol
- Watch the Kwik Trip relaunch webinar here
Want to give your program guests some ideas on what to make with ingredients they may get at the pantry? Search for recipes by ingredients on these sites:
- Health + Hunger Feeding America
- What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
- Kid's a Cookin'
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Good and Cheap