A strong network of dedicated and innovative community partnerships is what's needed to end hunger in southwestern Wisconsin. We are providing our partners with access to the tools, training, and resources needed to serve people facing hunger in our community with compassion and hope. Together, we can end hunger.
Our partners include emergency food pantries, senior meal sites, mobile pantry sponsors, residential programs, soup kitchens, school pantries and children's nutrition programs.
View our Agency Representative Coverage Map to find the SHFB staff contact for your area.
For general questions for our Agency and Programs Department, please call 608-216-7240.
The full SHFBSW Staff Directory is available here.
Find the latest on food recalls here.
Check out safe food handling practices.
SERVSAFE FOOD HANDLER CERTIFICATION
Contact your Agency Representative if you need to renew a ServSafe Food Handler certification or obtain an additional one. You will receive instruction on how to proceed. We have moved to an online quiz format. Take the ServSafe Food Handler Quiz online.
FORMS & MANUALS
- Agency Agreement
- Agency Express Training Guide
- Agency Resources Manual
- Mobile Pantry Program Volunteer Agreement Form
- Sample Pantry Registration Form
- Sample Temperature Log
- Sample Statistics Log (Excel)
- Sample Nondisclosure Agreement Form
- Volunteer Match
- Energize Inc
- Volunteeryourtime.org (for Dane County)
- Volunteer Dodge (for Dodge County)
- Sign Up Genius
- Best Practices for Recruitment
- Lifting and Pallet Handling (Video)
- Practicing Good Personal Hygiene (Video)
- Sensitivity (Video)
- Best Practices for Retention
- The New Volunteer Workforce
- Tips to approach and work with difficult volunteers.
Fundraising & Grant Opporunities
We will post all Second Harvest agency grant opportunities here. Please check back for future updates.
Wondering who our corporate food donors are? Check this list before contacting your local grocer for donations:
- Consultant Questions
- NLL Saying No--Assesment: Is this Program a Good Idea?
- NLL How to Survive a Crisis
- NLL Chart of the 14 attributes of a healthy nonprofit
- NLL Strategic Planning Worksheet
Encouraging program guests to claim their benefits if they're eligible, will allow them to stretch their food budget, in addition to their pantry visits. Find out more information about FoodShare benefits here.
Have questions about direct retail pickup? Check out these resources:
- Kwik Trip Donation Protocol
- Watch the Kwik Trip relaunch webinar here
Want to give your program guests some ideas on what to make with ingredients they may get at the pantry? Search for recipes by ingredients on these sites:
- Health + Hunger Feeding America
- What's Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
- Kid's a Cookin'
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
- Capital Area Food Bank
- Good and Cheap