MOBILE PANTRY PROGRAM
Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin rolled out the Mobile Pantry Program in August 2003 to supplement the work of partner food pantries, shelters and meal sites operating in fixed locations. Working with a community partner, fresh and non-perishable groceries from Second Harvest Foodbank’s warehouse are trucked to a neighborhood site at a prescheduled time for immediate distribution to residents.
The Mobile Pantry Program provides another source of food to families and individuals facing hunger. It also gives Second Harvest Foodbank a valuable channel to increase food distribution so nutritious, non-perishable foods as well as perishable foods, such as milk, juice, bread and fresh produce, do not go to waste.
MOBILE PANTRY SCHEDULE
- HIGHLAND (Monday, March 30, Sts. Anthony & Phillip Catholic Church, 726 Main St. Highland, WI, 54543, 4:30 pm until all food is distributed)
- NORWALK (Tuesday, March 31, Norwalk Community Center, 200 North Street, Norwalk, WI, 54648, 11:00 am until all food is distributed)
- MADISON (Wednesday, April 1, Brittingham Apartments, 755 Braxton Place, Madison, WI, 53715. 2:00 pm until all food is distributed)
- PALMYRA (Thursday, April 2, St. Mary's Catholic Church, 919 W. Main St., Palmyra, WI, 53156, 4:00 pm until all food is distributed)
- DARLINGTON (Friday, April 3, Town Bank, 15815 Wisconsin 81, Darlington, WI 53530, 4:00 pm until all food is distributed)
- MADISON (Friday, April 3, Ridgeway Church, 3245 East Washington Avenue, Madison, WI 53704, 6:00 pm until all food is distributed)
Check out this video to give you a better understanding of our Mobile Pantry Program:
Second Harvest Foodbank thanks our fiscal year 2020 Mobile Pantry donors…
Alliant Energy, American Transmission Co., Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, a BadgerCare HMO, Bayer Fund, Bemis Company Foundation, Compeer Financial, CUNA Mutual Group Foundation, Ecolab Foundation, First National Bank and Trust, Frank G. Andres Charitable Trust, Grainger, John Deere Foundation, Hormel Foods, Kerry, Kroger, Rural Mutual Insurance, and United Healthcare.
If you would like to provide outreach at a Mobile Pantry distribution, please submit this request form.
If you would like to sponsor the Mobile Pantry Program, contact Nasra Wehelie at 608-216-7221.