Pledge to Volunteer
Volunteers power Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin. It’s as simple as that. We could not help provide food and resources to the people in our community who face hunger without the help of volunteers. Take an active role in the fight to end hunger in southwestern Wisconsin and join Second Harvest and the Feeding America network by pledging to volunteer.
When you give your time to Second Harvest, you get back something amazing in return, maybe even life-changing: The feeling that you personally are helping put food into the hands of people who need it.
It’s proof that no matter what happens in the world, you absolutely have the power to make a difference in the lives of others. Second Harvest volunteers know this better than anyone. But don’t take our word for it. Sign up to volunteer and find out for yourself.
Volunteer activities can range from packing, sorting and distributing food; helping to staff an event; or providing us access to specialized skills, such as carpentry, marketing or technology. Follow these simple steps to start making a difference in your community:
- Visit FeedingAmerica.org/Pledge and make the pledge to volunteer to help people facing hunger.
- Enter your zip code to learn more about Second Harvest and how hunger affects our community.
- Contact Second Harvest and participate in a volunteer session with your family and friends.
- Share your experience and the impact of your work on social media with #FeedingAmerica and @SecondHarvestSW to challenge others to also make the pledge.
- Already a volunteer? Take the pledge again this year to continue the fight to end hunger.