VOLUNTEERING AS A GROUP
Looking for a great team-building opportunity? Your group, large or small, is invited to volunteer in our Product Recovery area. Help meet the on-going, year-round need for volunteers to sort, label, or package food into family friendly portions. Families welcome!
To schedule a volunteer shift or gather more information, contact Pam Higham, Volunteer Services Coordinator at 608.216.7214.
KEEP IN MIND
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years of age (Info/Ideas for our future volunteers now under 12 years of age)
- Plan on one adult for every 5 youth between 12 and 15 years of age
- Closed-toe shoes are a must
- Maximum number of participants is 30 volunteers on M-F mornings & afternoons and 18 volunteers on evenings & Saturdays
- Please note that it is sometimes necessary for groups of 20 or more to work in two rooms
CURRENT GROUP OPPORTUNITIES (start and end times are flexible)
- Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday through Wednesday: 4pm to 7pm (Wednesday for groups of 10+ only)
- Sorting food
- Labeling food
- Packaging bulk food into family-friendly portions
SIGN UP FOR A GROUP OPPORTUNITY
- Secure a date and time for your group opportunity by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Supply the following information
- Contact Name
- Organization Address
- Phone Number
- # of volunteers
- No open toed shoes may be worn while volunteering. This includes sandals and flip flops.
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years old. For every 5 youth aged 12-15, 1 adult should plan to volunteer with the group.
- For your safety, do not use earbuds or MP3s, blue tooth devices, etc., while volunteering. You need to be able to hear what’s happening around you.
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the warehouse though our break room is available for your use.
- No tobacco use is permitted in the warehouse.
- Please do not bring in purses, bags, backpacks, valuable, etc., as we do not have a secure place to store them.
Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin is located at 2802 Dairy Drive, Madison, WI 53718.