VOLUNTEERING AS A GROUP
Looking for a great team-building opportunity? Your group, large or small, is invited to volunteer in our Product Recovery area. Help meet the on-going, year-round need for volunteers to sort, label, or package food into family friendly portions. Families welcome!
To schedule a volunteer shift or gather more information, contact Pam Higham, Volunteer Services Coordinator at 608.216.7214.
KEEP IN MIND
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years of age (Info/Ideas for our future volunteers now under 12 years of age)
- Plan on one adult for every 5 youth
- Closed-toe shoes and shirts with sleeves are a must!
- Maximum number of participants is 30 volunteers on M-F mornings & afternoons and 18 volunteers on evenings & Saturdays
- Please note that it is sometimes necessary for groups of 20 or more to work in two rooms
GROUP OPPORTUNITIES (start and end times are flexible)
- Mornings - 9:00am to 11:30am - Monday through Saturday
- Afternoons - 12:30pm to 3:30pm - Tuesday through Saturday
- Evenings - 4:00pm to 7:00pm - Tuesday and Wednesday
- Sorting food
- Labeling food
- Packaging bulk food into family-friendly portions
SIGN UP FOR A GROUP OPPORTUNITY
- Secure a date and time for your group opportunity by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Supply the following information
- Contact Name
- Organization Address
- Phone Number
- # of volunteers
- Closed-toe shoes
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years old. For every 5 youth aged 12-15, 1 adult should plan to volunteer with the group.
- For your safety, do not use earbuds or MP3s, bluetooth devices, etc., while volunteering. You need to be able to hear what’s happening around you.
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the warehouse though our break room is available for your use.
- No tobacco use is permitted in the warehouse.
- Please do not bring in purses, bags, backpacks, valuable, etc., as we do not have a secure place to store them.
Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin is located at 2802 Dairy Drive, Madison, WI 53718.