VOLUNTEERING AS A GROUP DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Please excuse the pre-COVID photos above. We are social distancing!
Our first priority as a non-profit is to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, and community. With this in mind, we will be limiting all Volunteer groups to 10 or fewer individuals until February 28, 2022. We believe it to be in our community's best interest to do everything we can to curb the spread. During your volunteer shift, we will be enforcing social distancing measures, and masks will continue to be required for everyone in our Distribution Center, regardless of vaccination status. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Protocol.
Join us for a well-organized, safe, team-building opportunity! Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Saturday from 8am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 4pm.
Sign up today to volunteer at one of three service locations:
- Second Harvest Foodbank at 2802 Dairy Drive, Madison
- A temporary satellite Second Harvest building in Stoughton - 1600 Williams Drive, Stoughton
You may sign up directly at SignUp Genius or contact Becca Saubermann, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at 608.216.7214. Interested in a date not yet scheduled? No worries, Becca would be delighted to help you.
KEEP IN MIND
- You must register in advance to ensure proper distancing. No drop-in volunteers are permitted.
- Social distancing is critical and begins the moment you leave your vehicle and head into the building.
- Face masks are required.
- A touchless wall-mounted thermometer is positioned near the entry for a temperature check upon arrival.
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years of age (Info/Ideas for our future volunteers now under 12 years of age)
- Plan on one adult for every 5 youth.
- Closed-toe shoes and shirts with sleeves are a must.
- For your safety, do not use earbuds or MP3s, Bluetooth devices, etc., while volunteering. You need to be able to hear what’s happening around you.
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the warehouse, though our break room is available for your use.
- No tobacco use is permitted in the warehouse.
- Please do not bring in purses, bags, backpacks, valuables, etc., as we do not have a secure place to store them.