VOLUNTEERING AS A GROUP DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Please excuse the pre-COVID photos above. We are social distancing! You're welcome to check out our COVID-19 Protocol.
Join us for a well-organized, safe, team-building opportunity! Volunteer shifts are available Monday through Saturday from 8am to 12pm and 12:30pm to 4pm.
Sign up today to volunteer at one of three service locations:
- Second Harvest Foodbank at 2802 Dairy Drive, Madison
- A temporary satellite Second Harvest building in Stoughton - 1600 Williams Drive, Stoughton
You may sign up directly at SignUp Genius or contact Cristina Johnson, Director of Volunteer Services, at 608.216.7254. Interested in a date not yet scheduled? No worries, Cristina would be delighted to help you.
KEEP IN MIND
- You must register in advance to ensure proper distancing. No drop-in volunteers are permitted.
- Social distancing is critical and begins the moment you leave your vehicle and head into the building.
- Face masks are required.
- A touchless wall-mounted thermometer is positioned near the entry for a temperature check upon arrival.
- All volunteers must be at least 12 years of age (Info/Ideas for our future volunteers now under 12 years of age)
- Plan on one adult for every 5 youth.
- Closed-toe shoes and shirts with sleeves are a must.
- For your safety, do not use earbuds or MP3s, Bluetooth devices, etc., while volunteering. You need to be able to hear what’s happening around you.
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the warehouse, though our break room is available for your use.
- No tobacco use is permitted in the warehouse.
- Please do not bring in purses, bags, backpacks, valuables, etc., as we do not have a secure place to store them.