Without the generosity of our food donors, Second Harvest wouldn't be able to meet emergency food assistance demands in southwestern Wisconsin.
By giving food to us, various members of the food industry, including manufacturers, growers, processors, distributors and retailers, ensure fresh and non-perishable foods are continually infused into the emergency food distribution system.
We accept perishable fresh, frozen and refrigerated foods, such as produce, dairy, meat and bakery items, as well as non-perishable foods. We also accept some grocery products, such as personal care and cleaning product.
WHY GIVE FOOD TO US?
- Deduct up to twice the cost of goods per IRS tax code 170(e)(3)
- Become greener while reducing inventory, reselling and disposal costs
- Preserve brand integrity
- Have protection from liability under the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act
- Build community goodwill. Increase your charitable footprint in the communities you serve
- We inspect, sort and repack food, as necessary, while adhering to standard food safety practices
- We also provide complete product tracking
GET INVOLVED BY GIVING FOOD
To become a food industry donor, contact Danielle Lawson at 608-216-7241.
To drop off a large food donation, contact Bruce Yahnke at 608-216-7209.
To drop off a family-size food donation:
- Stop by Second Harvest Foodbank (2802 Dairy Drive, Madison) from 8 a.m-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Or, you can host a food & fund drive.