If you are struggling with hunger we want you to know that we are here to help you. No judgements. No pity. No shame. Just help!
We have a number of ways to help you put food on your table:
- When you call 2-1-1 you can find an emergency food program that's close to home, plus you can find out more about other services that might help make life a little easier
- FoodShare Wisconsin helps you pay for food through a convenient debit card you can use at grocery stores
- Kids who rely on their school's meal program for meals during the school year can get help for their food needs during the summer
- When you visit one of our mobile food pantries you can get 50 - 75 pounds of food to help you make ends meet
- WIC helps women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and mothers of young children get healthy groceries and nutrition education.
UPDATED PROXY POLICY EFFECTIVE 4/27/2020: In an effort to ensure everyone is getting food at our mobile distribution, each car will receive boxes for only ONE household. Those with additional households can return at the end if food is available. We encourage participants to limit the amount of people in the car to maintain proper social distancing. With the current climate we are experiencing higher volume than normal and making adjustments in real time. If you are at a mobile and the distribution runs out of food, we ask for your patience and to call 2-1-1 to get connected to your local area pantry.
NEW: A texting service has been setup to provide updates regarding when special food distribution opportunities are coming up. To receive a text message the next time we have a special food distribution in your area, find your county below, and text the corresponding keyword to 47177:
- Dane County - Keyword FOODDANE
- Rock County - Keyword FOODROCK
- Jefferson, Dodge counties - Keyword FOODEAST
- Columbia, Sauk, Juneau, Adams counties - Keyword FOODNORTH
- Monroe, Vernon, Richland, Crawford counties - Keyword FOODWEST
- Grant, Iowa, LaFayette, Green counties - Keyword FOODSOUTH