September is Hunger Action Month and Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin needs your support to help us continue to meet nearly one million requests for service annually. Learn local hunger statistics and check out the many ways to give funds, food, time and voice:
Going Orange on September 13th
Go Orange Day is Thursday, September 13 and Second Harvest Foodbank and NBC15 invite you to join thousands of people across the country and Go Orange to fight hunger! Lands’ End, Habush Habush & Rottier S.C., Thrivent Financial, UW Health & Quartz, Door Creek Dental, Starion Bank and TASC will provide 28 meals per photo to those we serve. Our goal is to have 3,000 photos posted! Learn more now!
- Download our 30 Ways in 30 Days calendar to findout how you can take action every day/
- Shop at one of 5 area Festival Foods locations and make a donation at the register to help fight hunger!
- Octopi Brewing - The Giving Brewery presents Go Orange for Hunger
Thursday, September 13th
1131 Uniek Dr, Waunakee
Join us at Octopi Brewing for the launch of The Giving Brewery beer, brewed especially to support the mission of Second Harvest. 100% of the proceeds from this beer will be donated to Second Harvest! We'll have a raffle, live music by the Shady Grapes, and a complimentary glass of the newest Second Harvest beer (available for a limited time)! Suggested donation of $10 at the door.
- Shop at Lands' End in Madison (Junction Road) on September 13th - make a cash donation or bring in a non-perishable food item and receive 30% off of an item.
Thanks to our 2018 Go Orange Presenting Sponsor:
You can GO ORANGE for the entire month of September to show your support for Hunger Action Month and our mission to end hunger in southwestern Wisconsin. See below to learn how!
- Food Fight Against Hunger: Dine at any of the 19 area Food Fight locations, make a donation or order off the special Harvest Menu at each restaurant. An item off of the Harvest Menu will trigger a $1 donation from Food Fight! Restaurants will collect donations for Second Harvest for the entire month of September.
- Join the Empty Plate movement on social media! Click here for more information!
- "30 Ways in 30 Days" calendar. Download the printable calendar (link coming soon) for daily ways to make a difference giving funds, food, time and voice.
- Give funds. Nobody stretches a dollar like Second Harvest Foodbank. Your $10 gift at the Foodbank provides many more meals than your $10 gift at the store. Donate today.
- Give food and funds. Organize a community food & fund drive or event with your business, civic, faith-based or youth group to collect financial and non- perishable food donations. Every $1 donated provides 3 meals and each 1.2 pounds of food provides 1 meal. Start your Food & Fund Drive or Event now.
- Give time. Volunteers are critical to Second Harvest's operations. Individuals and groups are needed for fun projects with flexible hours. Learn more about volunteering.
- Give voice. Visit Second Harvest's Facebook page to raise your voice against hunger now and make sure to use #Orange4SHFB and #HungerAction in all your posts.