Friday, September 30, 2016
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Second Harvest Administrative Services Building - 2850 Dairy Drive
Second Harvest requires all of our partnering meal programs to be ServSafe certified and is an optional certification for food pantries. This course is open to all of our agencies, however, we will prioritize meal site registrants over food pantry registrants. Be sure to sign up today as there are only 35 seats available. The cost of attendance is $25 and billed to your organization.
Timeline for the day:
- 8:00 AM: Registration and continental breakfast
- 8:30 AM: ServSafe course begins
- Noon: Pizza will be served for lunch
- 2:30 PM: Begin exam
- 4:30 PM: Exams must be turned in
About the Course
The ServSafe program helps prepare you for the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification exam. Training covers these concepts:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food Safety Regulations
- And more . . .
You will be provided with your ServSafe Manager, 6th Edition training book 2 weeks prior to the training. It is recommended that you study and take the pre-test prior to taking this course.
Second Harvest will bill your agency $25 to cover part of cost of the training manual. *Agencies will be responsible for paying the $25 for any cancellations made after 9/15/2015 or if the seal of the ServSafe Manager book is broken.
Please note that Second Harvest Foodbank reserves the right to prioritize meal site registrants over food pantry registrants. Agencies will be notified by 9/15/2015 in the event that the course fills with meal site registrants.
Questions? Contact Sierra Johnson.