Mobile Pantry Program
Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin rolled out the Mobile Pantry Program in August 2003 to supplement the work of partner food pantries, shelters and meal sites operating in fixed locations. In partnership with a member agency, fresh and non-perishable groceries from Second Harvest Foodbank’s warehouse are trucked to a neighborhood site at a prescheduled time for immediate distribution to residents.
The Mobile Pantry Program provides another source of food to families and individuals facing hunger. It also gives Second Harvest Foodbank a valuable channel to increase food distribution so nutritious, non-perishable foods as well as perishable foods, such as milk, juice, bread and fresh produce, do not go to waste.
Second Harvest Foodbank’s Mobile Pantry Program accounts for one-third of all food the food we distribute in a year. From July 1, 2011-June 30, 2012, the program distributed 3.1 million pounds of food.
Currently, Second Harvest Foodbank operates 30 mobile pantries in 14 southwestern Wisconsin counties. Attendance for each mobile ranges from 60 to more than 400 families per month, with each household receiving 50-75 pounds of food. Click here for a current list of the dates, times and addresses for our Mobile Pantry Program stops.
MOBILE PANTRY PROGRAM SITES
Friendship: CWCAC – Adams (call 608-339-0273 for location), 3rd Monday, 11am, ADAMS COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
Portage: St Vincent de Paul (1311 W. Wisconsin St), 2nd Monday, 11am
Pardeeville: St. Mary’s of the Most Holy Rosary Catholic Church, (318 S. Main St) 4th Monday, 3:30pm
Gays Mills: Community Center (212 Main St), 4th Wednesday, 2pm
Black Earth: New Heights Lutheran Church (1705 Center St), 2nd Tues, 4pm
• Brittingham Apts. (755 Braxton Pl) 1st Wednesday, 2pm
• South Madison: St. Martin House (Catholic Multicultural Center - 1862 Beld St), 1st Thursday, 9am
• Allied Drive: Boys & Girls Club (4619 Jenewein Rd), 3rd Saturday, 10:00am (except June is 4th Saturday)
• Bethesda Community Church (3245 E. Washington Ave), 2nd Friday, 4:30pm
• Bridge Lake Point Waunona Neighborhood Center (1917 Lake Point Dr), 3rd Wednesday, 11:30 am
Marshall – Waterloo: Holy Trinity Church (605 Madison St), last Friday of month, 3pm Except Mar. will be held Mar. 22, 2013, Nov and Dec dates TBA
Sun Prairie: Emergency Food Pantry in Sunshine Place (18 Rickel Rd), last Tuesday of month, 5pm (Not held in Nov; Dec date TBA)
Beaver Dam: CWCAC Food Pantry (134 S. Spring St or Henry St parking lot), 2nd Saturday, 10am
• Patch Grove: St John’s Catholic Church (231 N. Wyalusing St), 2nd Tuesday, 1:30pm
• Platteville: St Mary’s Catholic School (131 W. Cedar St), 3rd Friday, 10am
• Boscobel: Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (405 E. Legrand St), 3rd Tuesday, 11:30am
Monroe: St Vincent de Paul (501 1st Ave), 3rd Thursday, 3pm
Highland: Sts. Anthony & Philip Church (726 Main St), last Monday of month, 4:30pm
Ft. Atkinson: St Joseph’s Catholic Church (1660 Endl Blvd), 2nd Thursday, 2pm
Palmyra: St Mary’s Catholic Church (919 W. Main St), 1st Thursday, 3:30pm
Darlington: 3rd Friday, 2 pm
(Dec-Mar) American Legion (1400 Keep St)
(Apr-Nov) Holy Rosary Catholic Church (730 Wells St)
Cashton: Community Center (812 Main St), 3rd Tuesday, 10:30am
Norwalk: Community Center (200 North St), last Tuesday of month, 11am
Richland Center: Fellowship Hall (26700 Fellowship Ln), 3rd Thursday, 3:30pm
• St. John Vianney Catholic Church (1250 E. Racine St), 2nd Monday through July, 3pm (as of August, this will take place every 1st Monday except for September which will be the first Tuesday)
• ECHO: Rock County Fair Grounds (1301 Craig Ave), last Wednesday of month, 9am, JANESVILLE RESIDENTS ONLY, must call ahead: 754-5333, not held in July, Nov and Dec
• As of March, 2013 the Church of the Nazarene mobile pantry will not take place.
• Masonic Center #1 (229 W. Grand Ave), 2nd Wednesday, 10am
• Masonic Center #2 (229 W. Grand Ave), 4th Tuesday, 10am
Sauk County – EXCEPT November & December
Reedsburg: 4th Thursday, 4:30pm (except January which will be held on Jan. 31, 2013) - January - March, Reedsburg VFW (200 Veterans Dr) - indoors April - October, Sacred Heart Catholic Church (624 Willow St) - outdoors
For more information on Second Harvest Foodbank’s Mobile Pantry Program, contact Linda Lundquist at 608-216-7240.